ECONOMICS

Department of Economics

Economics B.A was started in 1932 by the saintly father Bonhoure S.J. Fr.S.Mudiappar was the principal. Others who served the department were fathers X.M.Adaikalam,J.Adisayam and Messrs.V.Thyagarajan and P.C.R Peter M.A.,L.T. After 17 years of dedicated service there was a turning point in the life of Professor P.C.R.Peter who resigned in 1944 to serve God. Mr.Bonaventure de Mel M.A was appointed in his place. Fr.K.A.Soosai S.J., joined the department in the year 1946. After a short break he came back in 1951. Rev.Fr.Mudiappar S.J left the college after two decades of service. Rev.Fr.Rayappar S.J became the head of the department and Rector for 4 years. He left the college in 1951. Rev.Fr.Soosai S.J became the principal in 1952.


Prof.V.Thiagarajan after 30 long years of devoted service left in 1953. His place was filled by Rev.Fr.X.M. Adaikalam S.J. When Fr.K.A.Soosai S.J left the college Rev.Fr.Oswald Mathias S.J became the head of the department. The following year Prof.David Michael retired after 34 years of devoted service. Prof. Michael Pro was heading the department for 19 years starting from 1977 till 1986. Followed by him Prof.P. Muthusamy was the head up to 1999. Rev.R. Rajarathinam S.J. became the HOD in 1999 and in the year 2005 he was transferred to St. Joseph 's College, Trichy as the Principal. In his place Rev.Dr.G. Leonard has come from St. Joseph 's College, Trichy is heading the Department.


Top
  • Follows us our servcies